There will be no load shedding today but, the system remains fragile and any change could lead to load shedding at short notice. Eskom reminds customers that any unexpected change in the system, such as unplanned breakdowns or the unavailability of diesel for our open cycle gas turbines or water levels at pumped storage, could result in load shedding at short notice.
Power Alert: 10 November 2019https://twitter.com/Eskom_SA/status/1193436420179935237
Eskom’s technical team are working around the clock to return units from planned and unplanned maintenance and to refill the emergency reserves.
Eskom asks customers to assist by helping to reduce demand by using electricity sparingly:
• Set aircon temperature to 23ºC
• Switch off your geysers when not in use
• Use cold water more than using hot water every time
• Set the swimming pool pump to run twice a day, 3 hours at a time
• At the end of the day, turn off your computers, printers and at the switch.